We advise national and international energy suppliers, project developers, investors, energy trading houses, grid operators, municipalities and power-users on all questions related to energy law and regulation. Amongst others, we focus on:
- renewable energy project development (e.g. project acquisition/initiation, participation in tenders, planning and permitting, drafting and negotiation of project contracts (including contract & claims management) and, where needed, formal proceedings including litigation/arbitration);
- energy contract law (e.g. drafting and negotiation of energy supply contracts, such as standard electricity supply contracts or PPAs, collateral and option contracts, general terms and conditions, network contracts and realisation agreements);
- German and European energy regulatory law (e.g. issues of remuneration, grid regulation and grid connection, enforcement of compensation claims as well as unbundling and competition law issues, if needed including formal procedures before the regulatory authority);
- planning and permitting procedures as well as formal administrative procedures;
- legal aspects regarding the development and market introduction of new technologies and innovative business models (e.g. storage solutions, hydrogen and digitalisation);
- legal aspects regarding proceedings before regulatory and permitting authorities and before civil, administrative and arbitration courts;
- transaction support (in close cooperation with our Corporate/M&A team); and
- advice in connection with securing land rights (in close cooperation with our Real Estate team).
Please do not hesitate to ask for our references in the above sector.