We support our clients on the sale and purchase of project participations of every nature and at every stage of development. Our experience in advising on complex projects in the energy, infrastructure, and real estate sectors gives us a deep understanding of project risks and allows us to provide for their optimal contractual allocation.
The generally mechanical sale and purchase provisions in both asset and share transactions are usually comparatively straight forward. Often more challenging is understanding and balancing the regulatory, construction, and operational risks of a project. Our goal is to decode and break down this complexity and to translate it into clear and precise contractual provisions.
Our team has advised:
- a public company in connection with the acquisition of a large waste incineration facility;
- on the sale of a 50% interest in a privately financed tunnel in the course of a federal motorway;
- in connection with the acquisition and disposal of several planned offshore wind farms;
- an international infrastructure fund in connection with the acquisition of numerous European turnkey wind farms;
- on the negotiation and implementation of a “refinery swap” and associated throughput agreements between the respective majority shareholders of refinery joint ventures in France and Italy; and
- on the purchase of the group businesses and shares comprising the global special products business of an international oil and gas major.